Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 1 Reflections....

I officially have one "Slice of Life"week under my belt! I was so hesitant to participate but it has been WAY easier than I imagined. I didn't realize how much I have to say! I'm less nervous than I was on day one and I feel more comfortable sharing my thoughts. 

My favorite part about this experience is reading the comments, especially from the random people that don't even know me. It makes me feel special that someone would take the time to read what I have to share. 

Thank you fellow "Slicers" for a wonderful first week experience. I'm looking forward to the rest of the month! 

7 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly. I recently read one of my "slices" to my father. Immediately, he zeroed on on the lines I was still uncomfortable about and began playing with them. His musical background showed up when he began talking about the tone and color of the words. God bless you Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when I started! Although I always have a lot to say, I just didn't know I could write them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a first timer as well and I agree...the comments are the best part! It's almost like seeing how many people liked your status on Facebook or retweeted your tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that you are doing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany, I applaud you for sticking with it. Comments from strangers is a form of feedback that says, "You matter. Your writing matters. You are part of a tribe." I'm glad you are enjoying the Slice of Life challenge, and I hope you feel the same way in a few weeks when grit and sheer determination are the only things motivating you to submit a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm delighted your first week has gone well. It's wonderful to be part of a writing tribe where people work in education and just seem to get each other (isn't it?).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! Re-read this in the middle of week three when it feels like the month will never end and life piles up. You CAN do this! Woot!

    ReplyDelete