Monday, March 23, 2015

Mondays!

Mondays often get the vote for worst day of the week and today this theory held true. The Monday following Spring Break. It was a tough Monday.

We are so quick to fall out of our routine but it is so hard to get back into routine. My personal kids struggled this morning. The oldest didn't want to get out of bed and the baby woke up with crusty eyes and a snotty nose. This was also her first day in her new class at school. This made me extra sad and I cried the whole way to school. (Luckily it's only about 2 miles).

Of course I put on my happy face when that 7:35 bell rang and I greeted 22 excited 3rd graders. Let me tell you their excitement lasted ALL day. They were wound up!

I made it through the day. It  can only get better from here!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your sweet baby was feeling under the weather on her first day in a new class. Sounds like you deserved the Oscar today. Those rowdy little learners keep us on our toes, and I am convinced that teacher mom's have the hardest job in the world. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the positive outlook your end with. May tomorrow be on the upward trajectory.

    ReplyDelete